Monday, February 22, 2010

An Exciting Heart Health Story

Before we get started talking about what's good & bad for the heart, I have to tell you this very personal story. In December of 2005 my husband and I went to Conway, Arkansas to check out a technology called Digital Pulsewave Analyzer (DPA). I had my first DPA test there while being trained as a technician. To my shock and utter dismay it revealed that my arteries were in bad condition!


What does a DPA test do? The DPA test gives you a letter grade from A - G that indicates the condition of the arteries. A means your arteries are in great condition and G means find a cardiologist now! It shows how well the blood circulation is, it reveals the biological age of the arteries. It measures the time from the aortic valve opening to the aortic valve closing. It registers the heart rate. It gives a print out of all this information so that you can see for yourself.


My test revealed that my circulation was very low, my letter grade was an F which indicated I had hardening of the arteries and plaque build up, the biological age of my arteries was 80 or older. This was very scary to realize; in fact I wondered if I would even make it back to my home in Houston, Texas without having a heart attack or stroke!


Now, I wasn't an unhealthy person. I was a vegetarian for 10 years, I didn't eat junk, I drank raw veggie juices everyday and I exercised regularly but I was not getting something I needed for healthy arteries; and that was adequate amounts of arginine!


What is arginine? Arginine is simply an amino acid; but the body uses it to make nitric oxide.


What is nitric oxide? The nitric oxide derived from arginine is directly or indirectly implicated in practically every cellular response and health condition imaginable, from the cardiovascular system to the immune system; and hormone function to nerve function. When your body has adequate amounts of arginine, the arginine will be converted to nitric oxide gas in the endothelium of the arteries; allowing the arteries to repair themselves and clear themselves of plaque build up.


I discovered an arginine drink in a base of exotic fruit juices called Cardio Cocktail (CC) made by the ForMor Company. I started drinking an ounce of Cardio Cocktail (CC) but not consistently. My mother had become ill on January 1st of 2006 and passed away after several weeks of hospitalization. Then came the aftermath of bills to be paid, belongings to distribute, etc. So for a year I wasn't drinking the CC like I needed to.


In 2006 another DPA test revealed I had some improvement but I still had 80 year old arteries and low circulation. The next few years brought more family crisis that I let get in the way of my health. But in 2009 I began consistently taking two ounces of CC every day and even increased it to 4 - 6 ounces per day for several weeks that summer; my last DPA test in August of 2009 revealed that my letter grade went from F to B and the biological age of my arteries went from 80 to 50 years old!


For a colorful brochure of 22 reasons you should try this arginine drink, contact Pat Blasingame at pat.blasingame@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment